Loughgiel Shamrocks originally played in Blue from 1915 – 1926.
For the Championship Final of 1926 it became necessary to change to avoid a colour clash with Tir Na nOg who also wore Blue. A light red jersey was obtained in that year and the press report of the final complemented the team on its smart appearance.
The next change was to the yellow or saffron, which was carried to victory in 1938 and 1943.
In 1953 the RED jerseys appeared and brought a change of luck when Loughgiel won the County Title of 1956.